Weekly Photo Challenge: ESCAPE
Image courtesy of Cheri Lucas Rowlands
Escape. Depending on your current mood and headspace, or time in your life, this word can evoke different emotions and conjure a variety of images. Maybe the end of your semester is near, and you yearn for vacation and release: the desire to disappear and run away, the need to unplug and shut off. Or perhaps you imagine quite the opposite: Lost in a maze. Stuck in a room, feeling boxed in, with the worst company. Frustrated in your own thoughts, wondering what to do next.
I took this photograph on Cala Tarida, a beach on the island of Ibiza, off the coast of Spain, during a fun afternoon of cliff jumping. Here, I’ve captured a friend just after he took the plunge — it’s one of my favorite images because it captures a sense of both freedom and exhilaration.
IN A NEW POST CREATED SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS CHALLENGE, SHARE A PICTURE THAT MEANS ESCAPE TO YOU.
New to The Daily Post?Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, you’re invited to get involved in our Weekly Photo Challengeto help you meet your blogging goals and give you another way to take part in Post a Day / Post a Week. Everyone is welcome to participate, even if your blog isn’t about photography.
Here’s how it works:
1. Each week, we’ll provide a theme for creative inspiration. You take photographs based on your interpretation of the theme, and post them on your blog (a new post!) anytime before the following Friday when the next photo theme will be announced.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Escape (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Escape (memorycatcher.me)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Escape (shambolicliving.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Escape (trishadm.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Patterns (beijingcityphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Escape (museandsparrow.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: From Above (beijingcityphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Escape (waitingonaword.wordpress.com)